Monday, November 7, 2011

My Very Studly Jacket

I haven't blogged in what seems like 10 years.  What can I say? I've been super busy...

So I've been seeing studded "things" everywhere these days.  I kind of felt the 80's were coming back again and was initially disgusted. Hello!  Hair bands and leathery grunge are not cute...but when I saw Kim K. (don't get me started on her...she's just a fashion example) sporting the very cool Burberry Studded Trench coat, I was sold.  There was NO WAY I was spending 5k on a coat that I'll wear like 3 times...my husband would kill me and he'd divorce me faster than Kim ditched Kris...So I decided to make my own...Not the Kim version, the black leather goth/emo version...




I ordered the studs from STUDS N SPIKES, they are very cool.  I should have ordered the cat claw kind, but I forgot. Boo on that.  The jacket is from FOREVER 21 and it was like $32.  I see there is a cheaper one on there now that will work just as well.

I actually have a ton of studs left, but don't know where to put them.  I might use them on the sleeves (I got bored tonight and finished after the shoulders were done) or I'll save them for some future event...

I also have a pair of knock off D&G shoes to make soon, but I didn't want to break out the E6000 glue in an enclosed area tonight and it's too dark to work outside. BOO to daylight savings time!  Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment