Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DIY Nautically Rope Belt

I was very inspired when I saw THIS blog post while I was blog stalking one day...Why was I so excited? Why, by my love of all things beachy of course-duh!!!!  I got a whole big bunch of nautically rope at the Asylum one day and was dying to use it. I also have an obsession with big belts, so this one was perfect for me.

Besides the rope, I used some generic off white ribbon, off white felt and my all time favorite hot glue gun...

I used hot glue to curl the rope around in a circle.

I wanted to make sure the middle circle was bigger than the side circles.

So I traced them on the side to make sure they were the same size...

When they were done I cut them out...

Then I cut a long piece of ribbon and hot glued it to the back. 

Does this need some embellishment? I haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking keep it simple but a couple of cool nautical looking gold buttons in the centers of the circles might also look nice.

    ReplyDelete