Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Smash Smash Smash Away!


I have been absent lately and I apologize. I think I didn’t realize how many people read my blog…so thanks for the emails and Facebook comments. I’m thinking of changing this blog from Blogger to Wordpress. For some reason I can’t comment on posts and that’s just ANNOYING…Soccer Mom, if you’re reading, thanks for commenting on my DIY Chanel Ice Cube Clutch…I’m considering making the clear box one.

OK, onto the crafting that I’ve been doing but not blogging about…

First, I had a great impromptu weekend in NJ with the fam. Hello Fam!  It was so nice to see all of you…While in NJ, we took a day trip to see the Civil War Re-enactment in Gettysburg, PA.  It was riveting and that's all I'm going to say about that.  I'm so excited to chronicle our trip in my sort of brand spanking new SMASH book…OMG. Have ANY of you Smashed lately????  It's like scrapbooking for novices. I LOVE it!

This is my first Smash Book...I have since purchased another one with a black binding. 

I’m going to preface this entry by saying that I am NOT a scrapbooker. I have nothing against scrapbookers per se, but I just can't get into it. And I get bored. Smash is different. It’s very cool and easy. Essentially, it’s a binder with fun pages in it. In order to maximize their profits, the Smash company (who I actually think is K & Company) has created all sorts of things to go with it (fancy post it notes, huge rubber bands to hold that sucker together when it gets too big, and fun masking tape with sayings on it-to name a few). All they want you to do is “smash” stuff in there. There is a pen/glue stick attached to the side of the book, making it super easy to smash away. 

I’ve read about this smashing phenomenon on the Archiver's Blog and OF COURSE from the PAPER SOURCE BLOG. We have one of these books at our demo table and we’ve each created a page. Mine was about extreme couponing and it’s super fun. Maybe I’ll take a pic of it this week and put it in here…

Anyway, here are some smashing pics…
I don’t know if you can read this, but this is what they suggest you do with your Smash Book.
   
And this is the first vellum page that you see when you open your Smash Book.


This is one of the very cool props that you can use with your Smash Book. It’s a date stamp. I love that you can put, “Oh, Snap!” next to your date entry.

My first page. I attempted to copy the Extreme Couponing one that I did at the store, but I was tired. I’m still working on it though…


No comments:

Post a Comment