Wednesday, July 6, 2011

DIY Anthropologie Knock Off Stone Jewelry

I have a secret place to buy fabulous jewelry cheap cheap cheap in Houston (don't ask me where it is, I'm stingy and it's my secret and I won't give it up or else y'all will start going there, they'll raise their prices and my secret happy place will be gone).  I went there a few weeks ago after taking a walk through Anthropologie...I love Anthro. I really do, but their prices are outrageous.  Especially for accessories that cost pennies to make. So I hit up the happy place...

I got lots of stuff that day...lots of wrap bracelets (LOTS of these. I love them and wear them everywhere since they don't dangle and I can craft while wearing them) and this very very very adorable pig ring. I love my pig.

The Pig and I At A Bat Mitzvah...
I was really on the hunt for a stone pendant necklace. Remember when you were a kid and you went to the museums on school field trips and they had those huge rocks for sale? Well, now apparently it's cool for you to wear them as necklaces and rings...I'd found THISTHISTHIS and most especially THIS one in my travels and I wanted one. Or three...

That last one is so cool that it deserves its own pic...
Anyway, so I found this one necklace that had several different stones on it. While I kind of liked it how it was, it was too big. It's 110 degrees here in Houston, TX, there is no way I'm wearing something that involved around my neck in the summer...

As it started. They even included a free pair of earrings that I have yet to re-create...
The happy accessory place had a clearance section (I almost fell over) and I bought a bunch of ugly necklaces for under $1 each just for the cords...Then I took out my handy needle nosed-pliers (my dad would be so proud that I know the proper name for my non-powered tool. Hi Dad!) and snip snip snipped them away from the regular necklace, then I put them on the free cords and was almost done...

Here they are being almost done...

I got super excited when I saw the embellished stone at Anthro, so I used some cool stones that I got from the asylum, an earring that has seen better days and the very smelly but useful E6000 glue to create this gem.


I also really liked the black stone on the original necklace too much to make it a necklace, so I made it a ring using the leftover rings from THIS blog project. 

Like my rock?

All of this from one necklace that cost me about $15. Maybe $20.




2 comments:

  1. OMG, I am in love with the pig ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pig and i have a great time. we're on our way out right now in fact...

    ReplyDelete