Monday, May 30, 2011

DIY Journal (super super easy too!)

At Paper Source, we sell THESE little journals. I love them because they are so simple. I was examining their construction yesterday while at work and decided to give them a try.  Minus drying time, this project took me all of 15 minutes. I did most of it while waiting for Mark to get ready to leave the house this morning...

Remember when I made my own heart shaped pad?  If not, please visit THIS LINK so that I don't have to repeat myself...Sorry, that was short. I'm tired. 

Anyway, I used text weight 8.5x11 paper cut in half (15 sheets cut in half, so 30 sheets for the journal) and then card stock for the front and back covers.  I had this particular pattern in a pad from Michael's. It's really pretty and has glitter on it.  I also used PVA glue, binder clips and THIS book cloth tape. 

Waiting to dry. I actually did this step twice. 

All done. I really like it. Now we'll see if it holds up to normal journal wear and tear...

No comments:

Post a Comment