Saturday, March 5, 2011

#42--Burned Velvet

Another day, another Martha inspired blog...I think that I actually saw this in one of her "Craft Of the Day" emails that she so happily sends out everyday. If you're crafty and not on that list you need to get on it. I love those emails. Anyway...you can find Martha's directions HERE. Her's looks much better than mine of course, but that probably has something to do with the fact that "real" velvet ribbon was $30/yard (no joke) at High Fashion Fabrics the other day, so I opted for the much more budget friendly fake $3/yard kind. 

My supplies. Martha asked me to gather a rubber stamp (heart shaped of course), velvet ribbon (fake in my case) and an iron.

That's my stamp. I was worried that ironing my ruin my good ones, so I opted for one of the $1 stamps from Mike's...It was all good though, no ruining.

I placed the ribbon, grain side down, directly on the stamp...

Then I ironed on it. Martha said to do this for a few seconds on the cotton setting, but that was taking too long, so I amped it up to the linen setting and let it sit for about a minute. 

And it worked! I like it. it shall be placed on a card later on today.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment