Saturday, March 26, 2011

#49--Paper Cut-Out Something Heart

I don't even know what this is...It's something though and I was inspired to make it yesterday when I was at work...

I was playing with my paper punches and punched a heart right in the middle of the page, but then I decided that I didn't like it and so I free-hand drew a heart and cut it out with an Exacto knife.

Then I folded the edges because I wanted the heart to curve out. I grabbed some paper that looked like a cloudy sky and put it on one of the flaps behind the heart. I used my tape runner (the big one) and secured the ends...It ended up looking like this (over there on the right).  I thought the edges looked boring, so I scraped at them with a blue ink pad.


So what is this thing? I have no idea. I guess I could put a bottom on it and make it a flower holder???? Who knows!  Suggestions are always welcome...what is this thing!

Here it is on my paper wall, as an aside, I LOVE this new paper from Paper Source.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet, so it's on my wall. Maybe that will be it...it makes me happy every time I look at it. ANYWAY, I didn't realize that the cloud paper was going to look like the tye-dyed paper behind it. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment