Saturday, January 22, 2011

Before the hearts come...

A few days before Christmas I was putzing around Barnes & Noble and happened upon, "365 A Daily Creative Journal" that encouraged me to "Make Something Every Day And Change [My] Life."  I was instantly enthralled, pulled out my iPhone, quickly snapped a pic and texted it to the husband. "I NEED this for Christmas dear..." Really, I barely looked at it that day, but I thought the idea was super cool and I wanted it. Fast forward almost a month and I finally have three seconds to sit down and read--OMG I'm in love. The premise, pick an image or an idea and create it everyday for a year, is very very cool. I can't wait to get started...Being super obsessive, I immediately log onto Blogger to start my very own 365 blog. 

A Little Bit About Me:
I craft all of the time. I love it. I re-purposed my shoe room (ok, fine, it's really an 8'x7' closet) to be a craft studio. I have a part time job at a craft store where I teach classes and get to be generally crafty all the time. It's quite the sharp departure from my regular life (where my husband and I own bars and nightclubs), I love the estrogen filled environment of the craft store. I love to work with others to see how they see the projects that we are doing differently. I am so blessed to be able to teach classes and work with a group of wonderfully creative women who challenge me every day. 

My 365 Daily Creative project for 2011 will be Hearts. Hence the title of this blog, "It's the Heart of the Matter" because, really, it is. Love makes the world go round and we can all use a lil bit more of it in our lives!  I am so exctied to see how this project affects my daily life and to see how daily life affects this project! Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment