Sunday, January 23, 2011

numero dos

After the husband had the gall to say, "We're not going to have hearts all over the house now are we???" I got all excited last night thinking of heart #2...A place to keep them all (or at least some of them, maybe even the vast majority...).

I woke up early and unrolled a beautiful piece of Lokta paper from Nepal that I've been not so secretly hoarding. I also had some gorgeous spare red satin book cloth handy and a Naked Binder (I hoard these as well, I have like seven of them-oops). Other things that I used include a methyl cellulose/pva glue mixture, a teflon bone folder, a ruler, an exacto knife, a pencil and a paste brush...

Lots of supplies, look at the pretty paper!
one side all glued up

with the binding on


The finished product...


I love naked binders. They are wonderfully green and can be customized in so many different creative ways.  This is the first time I used real book cloth on one of them though, I usually cheat and use the pre-adhesived (caryn word) type. Is that cheating? I don't think so, that stuff is SO MUCH EASIER to use and a lot less messy!

Tomorrow is my 3rd wedding anniversary, so I'm going to have to think of a super special heart of the day...until then!




No comments:

Post a Comment