Friday, February 11, 2011

#20--Heart Shaped Pad

I have a ton of scrap paper from when I was a Realtor printing out listings. It kills me to throw it away so I've hoarded it for the past few years (shocking, I know).  For the longest time I've wanted to make a fake post it pad out of it, but I haven't.  What a lovely opportunity for a blog entry!

This one was silly easy...

A Pictorial Tutorial
~How to make a pad~

Use a template and trace as many hearts as you can onto scrap paper. I squeezed two onto this page...

Cut out said hearts.

Use binder clips or those other kind of really fancy jaw type looking things that you get at Home Depot (the mans crafting store). I made sure all of the paper was as straight as possible on one edge and I used the huge type of binder clips to hold it in place. 

You can't really see here, but this is where I used the PVA glue. PVA is the best because it's flexible. I wouldn't use any other type.

When I was done with the gluing, I used the smaller binder clips on the glued area. I found that the bigger clips didn't keep the paper tight enough together. 

And we're done!  A lovely re-use of paper once used already!


No comments:

Post a Comment