Monday, February 7, 2011

#16--Locked Inside My Heart Shaped Box

Remember that song? I loved it and I still love it! Hence the inspiration for this blog post...

Heart Shaped Boxes ready
to be lined.
Fun Tissues and Red
Velvet Paper.
I found these heart shaped boxes at Paper Source a few months ago and grabbed them.  For this project, I used the white one. I'll find something to do with the kraft box later. Anyway, I was very excited to use it, especially when I found these fun little Valentine's Day tissues at Joann Fabrics.

I saw somewhere that Martha Stewart was lining boxes with velvet ribbon and had an "ah-ha!" moment of my own.  I've had this red velvety-ish paper for awhile now and I haven't had one good idea as to how to use it. Now I do!

I traced the heart out onto the back of the red paper and then I glued it into the bottom of the box with regular PVA glue.  Then when that was done, I measured as much as I could the
The bottom is in!
 long strip for the inside of the box. When it was measured, I had to trim it a little, but it was fine. I glued that in with PVA as well. So easy and I love it. It's the perfect little Valentine's Day gift box for jewelry or anything fun!
All lined and ready to go!

The top and bottom of the box was boring me, so I decided to decoupage it with the pretty heart tissues that I found.  I haven't ever decoupaged before, but it was really easy.  I used Methyl-Cellulose glue and a paint brush. I could have used Mod Podge, but I didn't want to drag it out of my adhesives box. Also, I had the Methyl mixed for my book binding projects and I don't want to waste it...Anyway, I cut up the tissues into the little heart squares. Then I put them onto the box.

All cut up.
Partly done...
I had about four of them on there when I noticed that the tissue was 3-ply. Oops. I just left them  alone because it wasn't an issue, but I un-ply'd the rest of them before I put them onto the box.




I continued on with my decoupage and soon I was done. I have to say, this is a really really easy project and I'll do more of this in the future.



I love how it turned out! I think that when I actually use it for whatever I'm going to use it for (undetermined at this point) I'm going to secure it with a ribbon and a wax seal...I shall post a picture when I do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment