Thursday, February 24, 2011

#34--Sticker Making!!!

Hello old friend!
My first experience with a sticker maker was when I was doing my wedding invitations. Martha had recommended a sticker maker for these address label type things that she designed and I used. At the time I was like, "HA! I can totally do this with a glue stick."  WRONG. OMG that was such a nightmare. It got done, but it was a mess and come to find out later, that stupid glue did NOT stick. Anyway, fast forward a few years later to my training at Paper Source and my introduction to my new best crafting friend, Xyron. I love my baby Xyron...See it right over there on the left? SO CUTE!  Xyron's come in a few different sizes, a really big one, a medium one and the baby. It is THE MOST useful tool in my arsenal and I LOVE it.  This size is also super cheap so if you don't have one, get one.

A Pictorial Tutorial 
(but you don't really need one because this is silly easy...)

Before you start, find something that you want to make sticky. You can use thin buttons, dried flowers (some of them if they're flat enough) or something that you have paper punched. That's what I used...My flocked heart from blog #33.

Drop your heart right side up into the little slot.

Turn the Xyron around and pull the sheet through. Then rip it off. I rub my finger over the sticker to make sure it gets sticky enough. Then pull off the cellophane on top.

How easy was that?

See the sticky stuff?

I stuck this heart on a blue note card.

No comments:

Post a Comment