Thursday, February 24, 2011

#33--Flocking

Martha Stewart Flocking
The rest of the supplies
I had a request this morning to flock something in my blog. Since I totally ditzed out and forgot to blog yesterday (OK, I didn't really forget, I'm taking evil progesterone shots that are making me insane and I was verifiably insane yesterday-hence no blog) so I'm doing two blogs today. Very fun.  Flocking is pretty cool, it's a lot like glitter, except it's furry. Flocking is used a lot in kids cards for fuzzy animals etc.  I like the Martha Stewart kind the best because it comes in a very easy to use bottle.

Supply List

  • Martha Stewart Flocking Powder
  • Blue Tray
  • Duster Brush or a paint brush
  • Paper punches
  • Double stick tape (You can use the regular kind or you can use sheets like THIS. That's super tape and it's GREAT. We'll talk about that some other time though...)
  • Scrap paper. I think I used a post-it for this one.

A Very Fun Pictorial Tutorial

Tape up your paper. Make sure to overlap the tape so there are no gaps. 

Sprinkle on your powder. You might have to do this more than once. You can press it into the tape for better coverage. Before you do this, don't forget to clean your tray so that you don't contaminate your powder. I hate contaminated powder. It's REALLY annoying...Use your brush to brush the rest of it into the little jar. 

Whammo! So pretty!

Whenever I do a project like this, I turn the punch over to make sure that I've aligned it correctly...

This punch was not so great for this project, but this picture shows the fluffiness of the flocking. 

I did three, the other two were much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment