Friday, February 11, 2011

#21--Paper Flowers

This morning I woke up and I was rummaging through my usual blogs. I happened upon The Martha Stewart-Crafts Department page and found my idea of the day.  Sometimes I find these ideas and it's like I've just met my future husband or seen my wedding dress for the first time, they're just RIGHT. So anyway, I found today's idea that way.  It's actually a really cute idea and so much easier than what I've been doing to make paper flowers.
My very pretty hearts (and the rest of the
stuff that I used).

The scrap box!
I pulled my scrap box of paper out from under my craft desk. I love the scrap box, it is super useful when using my paper punches...

I used the Martha Stewart Crafts Punch All Over The Page heart punch to cut out hearts in several colors. Then I gathered some Mini Square Brads, a 1/8-Inch Hole Punch, a bone folder and a ColorBox Chalk Ink Pad.  


I started by either folding the hearts in half or by using my bone folder to curl them (similar to how you would curl ribbon on a present). I wanted the flowers to have dimension.

Then I took my hole punch and punched a hole right at the point of the heart. This hole punch is great, It is the perfect size to use for brads.

I put the brad into the hole and then turned the flower upside down, and secured the brad to the back of my flower.  For this step, I also could have used eyelets, but I didn't want to get out my hammer and I wasn't really in the mood to hear all of that banging...
Brad front...
Brad back...





On this flower, I used the ink pad on white paper and dabbed it onto the hearts. The white paper was boring me and I needed some color. I used chalk ink because it's fast drying, allowing me to NOT have to heat set it to dry. Soooooooo much easier!







Here they are, all done and pretty!  I love all of the colors, they're fabulous!!!


1 comment: