Sunday, February 20, 2011

#30--Cross Stitch Heart

Now I remember why I no longer cross stitch. I think I'm blind...It's so tiny!!!!

Along with crocheting, cross stitch was one of the first crafts that I learned, this time from my other Grandmother, Toni.  I used to cross stitch a lot, but I stopped a long time ago, probably in high school, or maybe even middle school.

Seeing as how I'm on bed rest, I am limited in the types of hearts that I'm able to create, so I prepared for my time in bed and have a pile of stuff next to me. Today was cross stitch (as mentioned above).

I have a ton of DMC embroidery floss stashed away (we'll be using this on other projects too).  I pulled some out to use on this project, I actually chose a purple metallic one that was pretty.

I used graph paper to kind of make a key for myself, I didn't really need one, but I wanted to use my graph paper because it's fun...









I folded the embroidery cloth in half and then in half again to determine the center. Excuse the picture on my bed, but that's where I am now...




Halfway through, this is where I was.









How it ended. I think it's OK. I have a plan for this one though for the future...so it's not 100% done, but it's done enough for this project!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out really well. Not even a spot from your Italian lunch got on it! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete