Saturday, February 5, 2011

Watercolor Hearts

There is this paper at Paper Source that I LOVE. I am seriously in love with it. It's called Luxe and it used to come in all these fancy colors, but now we're just left with white and cream, which is fine (I have some back stock of the blush, frost and glass colors to tide me over until they start making it again...). It's made in Italy, is 25% cotton and has a texture to it that is amazing. I. LOVE. IT.

OK, so a few days ago, I was going through my stash of craft stuff and I happened upon a set of watercolor paints. Who knows why I even have these, since I seriously don't even think I've used watercolors since kindergarten, but whatever.  The other day when I was in Paper Source, I picked up a pack of A7 Luxe White Folded Notecards, I didn't have a plan for them, but I needed that size and I love that paper so I snatched them up.  When I got home, I unpacked my purchases in the craft room and the two ended up near each other and I thought to myself, "that texture would look great with watercolor hearts on it." So there you go.  This is what I did this afternoon.




First I experimented on a regular sheet of 8.5x11 Luxe paper and I loved my results.

My corner rounder. I love
this thing.
Before I even thought of getting started, I had to round the corners on all of my cards. I have a thing about 90 degree angles, they are so not for me and why should I have to deal with them when I can easily round the corners of anything with my Fiskars Corner Squeeze Paper Punch?  These come in two sizes, big and small.  For this project, I used the big size.
A beautifully rounded corner.  See how much nicer this looks???
After everything was un-90 degree angled, I started painting my hearts. I did 10 of them and I think they look great.  At first I was going to embellish them, but I think I just like them plain.  I might line envelopes to match them eventually.


All 10 of them.

When I was done, I couldn't stand the fact that I wasn't using my tester sheet for anything, so I made an envelope out of it. I like it, it's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment