Friday, February 18, 2011

#28--Paper Ribbon Bow

I was on the phone with my sister Lindsay (you can find her and her wares here HERE on Etsy) and I had no idea what to do for tonight's blog. I have another IVF procedure in the morning, so my mind isn't really on crafts right now (sorry blog readers). She said, "Why don't you make a hair bow?" but I've already done that (kind of) with the ribbon thing a few days ago, so I compromised and decided to make a gift wrap bow out of this  SUPER COOL RIBBON that I will tell you about now...

My pretty ribbon!
One Friday night I was working the closing shift at the store (as I often do, that's the best shift ever) and a lady had asked me to make her a bow. We were a little slow that night so it was fine...She asked me to use this paper ribbon that we carry but I hadn't ever really paid attention to. I shuddered, I thought the stuff would be miserable (which is why I paid it no mind), but whatever, it's what she wanted, so I did it. That ribbon rocks. It was featured in all of my Christmas presents this year. It's just amazing and so cheap and it lasts forever. It comes in two widths and it holds it's shape really well. You don't need scissors because you can just tear it and all around, it's just fabulous!

My evil craft nemesis
The Glue Gun. Ew.
So I used this ribbon and my evil glue gun---Side Note:  I HATE hot glue. HATE HATE HATE it. It burns my fingers and gets all over and I can't stand those hot glue strings that end up on everything, but it was the right tool for this job and so I pulled it out. I also used this little wooden heart that I've had lying around for the middle of it. Another side note: The glue gun is not the same as the SureBonder. The SureBonder ROCKS and I only use it for wax sealing things. My absolute hatred of glue guns led me to the set things on fire type of wax sealing for years until I played with the SureBonder at work one day...Side notes over.

There really wasn't any fancy way that I did this, I just smushed the ribbon in place and hot glued it into place on the opposite side of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment