Tuesday, February 8, 2011

#18--Ribbon Hearts


A very cute MM barrette...
 I've been meaning to make another one of these Minnie Mouse barrettes for awhile now, so I pulled out my stuff to make it happen today.  While I was cutting and gluing, it occurred to me that I'd be able to make these in heart shapes...Yay for today's blog! I wouldn't say that it was super successful, but I liked it as a ribbon experiment.
As always, I first gathered my supplies. This time these consisted of ribbon (of course), Aleene's Tacky Glue, scissors and binder clips. I love binder clips. When I was a Realtor, I HAD to have them or else I couldn't work. I have a mini-obsession with them...

Let's do a pictorial tutorial because well, that's just easier...

First I cut two pieces of black grosgrain ribbon that were the same size. 

Then I dabbed some glue onto the ends and secured them with a mini binder clip.

I did the same thing at the other end. 

I decided that the black heart was slightly morbid and a little plain and so I added a mini pink one inside of it. 

All clipped together.

The final product. I think I'm going to use it on a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment