Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Envelope Lining With Love

I have a thing about envelopes. They are the first impression that someone has of your event, or of you. So why not make them fabulous?  It takes less than three minutes to line an envelope and add a little bit of class to your notes.

Supply List (very similar to yesterday's)

OK, enough about that...Here's another...

Pictorial Tutorial-Envelope Lining
Gather your supplies...Place your liner on the paper that you are going to use and trace it...

Take your stamps and stamp them onto the paper before you cut out the liner. It's so much easier to do it this way...

If you used the ColorBox with the clear top and black bottom (slow drying pigment), you'll need to heat dry it with your heat tool. If you don't, it will NEVER EVER DRY. Seriously, you can leave it for a week and it will still be wet, especially on the Stardream paper, which has a coating on it. If you use a chalk ink or an ink specially formulated for vellum (like a Brilliance Ink Pad) then it should be fine. 

Cut out the liner once the ink is dry and stick it into your envelope.  I always fold over the flap before I tape it down to make sure that I have the correct placement. 

Use your tape gun and make a triangle on the liner and then stick it to the flap.

OMG!  Wasn't that super easy????  So fun!

For this project I used regular paper, but in my other projects I've used Japanese paper, lokta paper, regular wrapping paper and even tissue paper.  The only thing that I've ever found that hasn't worked out so well is card stock or cover weight. It's just too thick to fold nicely. 

Tomorrow I'm going to make cards to go inside the envelopes. I made some other Valentines but I don't like them, so I'm going to switch it up...See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment